This blog is one of a group of blogs that I've set up as what I've called, "notebooks". The style I'm using to present posts/thoughts/issues is just that - notebook style, which means no frills, little formality, and a very narrow focus on a very narrow subject.
When I say, "no frills...little formality" I don't mean "as in only-care-if-I-can-read-the-notes". What I mean by that is that posts are "raw material" that I may/may not incorporate into more polished material somewhere else. My aim in creating a blog/"notebook" for each very narrow subject, however, is to present material/thoughts on each subject all in one place so that anyone who comes across one of the blogs will find a number of things (sometimes very specific, sometimes broader, sometimes more in-depth, sometimes just a quick thought) related to the very narrow subject. For the larger context within which any of the "isolated" subjects may relate to any of the others, I'll provide appropriate links to other "notebooks".
When I say, "no frills...little formality" I don't mean "as in only-care-if-I-can-read-the-notes". What I mean by that is that posts are "raw material" that I may/may not incorporate into more polished material somewhere else. My aim in creating a blog/"notebook" for each very narrow subject, however, is to present material/thoughts on each subject all in one place so that anyone who comes across one of the blogs will find a number of things (sometimes very specific, sometimes broader, sometimes more in-depth, sometimes just a quick thought) related to the very narrow subject. For the larger context within which any of the "isolated" subjects may relate to any of the others, I'll provide appropriate links to other "notebooks".
Main Points About This "Notebook"
There are a few things under the umbrella of my personal set of circumstances that have amounted to my feeling as if I've had a sampling of what some very elderly and/or disabled people may experience. (I say "very elderly" because, while I imagine some people younger than I would call me, "elderly", I'm referring to people who are generally substantially older than I am for whom the challenges I mentioned are permanent).
The main issues are:
1. Not being able to just get in a car and do errands.
2. Mobility issues and/or joint/leg pain issues
3. Eating/Food challenges (getting/keep the right kind of food on hand and/or stress-related lack of appetite
There are "spin-off issues" that I'll address on the appropriate "notebook blog", or address in posts on this one.
The main issues are:
1. Not being able to just get in a car and do errands.
2. Mobility issues and/or joint/leg pain issues
3. Eating/Food challenges (getting/keep the right kind of food on hand and/or stress-related lack of appetite
There are "spin-off issues" that I'll address on the appropriate "notebook blog", or address in posts on this one.
Sunday, May 1, 2016
"Notebook Blogs" That Most Directly Tie In With This One
As you can see, this blog and the other "notes" blogs are new. While as of the writing of this post there is not much on any of the "notes" blogs, I thought I'd use this first post to point out that, of all the blogs in the group, the two that will ultimately most directly tie in with this one are the one that focuses on not driving and the one that focuses on eating/food challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment